13 Sept 2010

My week with Stanhope


I had such a great fucking time in London last week, getting to support my favourite comic bar none, Doug Stanhope. Leicester Square Theatre is a wonderful place run by great people, and I enjoyed myself immensely. The owner Martin looks like someone straight out of a Scorsese mafia movie, being a perfect gentleman with the presence of somebody who could probably fuck you up bad in ten seconds. Lovely. Also, the fact that Doug himself is the nicest person in the world doesn't hurt. I blacked out at his hotel every evening, and we had a respectable seventeen hour bender one of the first nights. I was fucking wasted by ten o' clock in the morning when I joined him for his shoot for "Newswipe," and I have zero recollection of even doing a show that night, but it went well. Allegedly. Thanks for the drinks, the books and the many drunken laughs, Doug, you rule!



PS! Doug took a heavy amount of sleeping pills with his evening cocktails one night, to the point where I thought I might wake up with a literal corpse the following morning. And it made me realize, even though I would rather die myself than do somebody else's material... if Doug was indeed dead, I might have had a quick peek at his notes before I called an ambulance. That's how damn good he is.

Here is a short clip, filmed during the last night. The picture quality is horrible, but the sound is ok.

1 comment:

  1. Hahah, sku tru du fikk mer respons på "the jews did it" kommentarn din, døde innvendig! :'D

    ReplyDelete